Thursday, October 18, 2007

preparing for your future

Preparing for your future

Our parents and teachers always say: study hard and aim high. I know this is often ignored and taken for granted. Perhaps it’s because some students think that it is a burden, to have to work harder and be pressured to become perfect. Well, the truth is that statement is more of an advice than a warning or scolding, because as you get older and wiser, more is really expected from you. If you’re not prepared you might lose a very important opportunity that can decide your future. Stop to think about your li9fe now. Like me, I am in the sixth grade, and I realize that I am getting older and, in a few months, I will be in high school already. I need to study hard now so I can get a good job and better future! Think about it. You’re not a kid anymore. You don’t have time to play and waste your time. I am encouraging you to start preparing yourself and start studying for the upcoming tests, like the National Elementary Achievement Test, or the NEAT, for the grade 6. The NEAT is conducted to test your academic skills and see how much you’ve learned and understood in school. When preparing for it, you should have discipline and concentration. You must stay in a room free from distractions like music, TV, or cell phones. You should also read not just to memorize, but to understand. Do not move on to the next topic until you fully understand what you are reading. If you practice this regularly, taking the test would be so much easier, compared to if you didn’t review regularly.

No comments: